- Patient calls and speaks to a licensed nurse who reviews symptoms and takes a medical history.
- The nurse contacts a physician who reviews the case.
- Within an hour, the nurse connects the doctor and patient in a three-way telephone conversation.
- With the CallMD Nurse on the call, the doctor makes a diagnosis and provides instructions.
- If needed, a prescription is phoned in to a nearby pharmacy.
- The nurse completes the call by ensuring the patient understands all instructions.
- The patient’s record is updated, and if requested, information is sent to the patient’s primary care physician.
- A nurse follows up with the patient in the next three business days to ensure all questions are answered and the issue is resolved.